Saturday, June 10, 2017

A New Option

I'm calling it "the Hinge".



I discovered that a standard 3 1/2 inch door hinge fits almost exactly to join the two halves of a Stenomod. It makes a solid unit and allows tenting if you use something to support the middle, as I have in the picture above.

You can fold it up, as in this picture. You can also lay it flat pretty much just like the older version, and the distance apart is the same.

What's the disadvantage? Well, it's a little heavier, if that matters. You probably won't want to put it directly in your lap, because the middle falls down into a sort of negative tenting situation. But of course you can support it with something, a book for example.

I'm still going to offer the original version with the wood deck. They will both be the same price. So it's up to you to is decide which way you want it.

Like this?
"Classic"

Or like this?
 "Hinge"

Let me know your choice when you order.

$200 plus shipping, same as before.

1 comment:

  1. This is really exciting! I hope we hear more about the Stenosaurus, but in the meantime, with the Stenoboard out of production, I think you have the market cornered on purpose-built Plover equipment.

    ReplyDelete