Tuesday, May 22, 2018

There's a new member in the stenomod family

Stenomod is still evolving. During the past month I've developed a new, smaller stenomod based on the 3x10 keyboard form, inspired by the Gherkin. I've lived with the result for a couple of weeks and am very happy with it. In fact I'm only using the TinyMod now. It looks like this:



It uses the same switches, keycaps, and processor as the classic and the hinge, but has only 25 keys instead of 34. The whole row of number keys is gone, replaced by one number key between O and E for the thumb to press. It's 7 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches by about one inch tall.

Since there are fewer parts and it's easier to make, I'll be charging less. $160 USD plus shipping. For the immediate future I'll be stocking all three, "classic", "hinge", and " TinyMod". The classic and hinge will still be going for $200 USD.

So now, when you make an order, email me with your shipping address and the model you'd like to buy.

As always, my email address is  stenomod@gmail.com  and I'm very happy to answer any questions you might have.

No comments:

Post a Comment